West Volusia Habitat for Humanity is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a non-profit, ecumenical Christian organization dedicated to the elimination of poverty housing throughout the world. Primarily through volunteer labor and donations, we build simple, decent houses, and sell them at cost and without interest to qualified families in West Volusia County. House payments are used to help build additional homes.
****PLEASE NOTE: OUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS ---firstname.lastname@example.org. THIS ADDRESS WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY COME UP IF YOU HIT THE TAB ON THIS PAGE.
- 1/9/2013: BUILDING ON FAITH
The Building on Faith house for 2013 will be at 551 S. Shell Road. Construction will begin in January.
A few facts about WVHfH:
- Founded in 1988, its first house was completed and dedicated in Barberville in July 1989. OUR VISION is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- IN SPITE OF THE IMPACT OF THE SEVERE RECESSION, WEST VOLUSIA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY IS EXTREMELY PLEASED TO HAVE COMPLETED "7" NEW HOUSES SINCE FISCAL 2011. THANKS TO THE GENEROSITY OF OUR SUPPORTERS AND THE HARD WORK AND DEDICATION OF OUR VOLUNTEERS; FIVE NEW FAMILIES HAVE STARTED A NEW LIFE IN A SIMPLE, DECENT AND AFFORDABLE HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOUSE. AT THIS TIME A TOTAL OF "83" FAMILIES RESIDE IN HABITAT HOUSES AND 2 MORE ARE IN PROGRESS.
- Through a tithe of of our income, we help build additional houses outside the U.S., currently in Nepal. To date we have helped to build a total of "160" homes in Nepal and South America.
- Proceeds from the sale of all items donated to the Bargain Barn cover administrative and overhead expenses and also help to fund the building of new houses.
- ALL DONATIONS TO WEST VOLUSIA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY ARE USED TO HELP PURCHASE LAND AND BUILD HOUSES IN PARTNERSHIP WITH LOW-INCOME FAMILIES IN NEED IN OUR COMMUNITY.
- AS OF 2010,ALL NEW WEST VOLUSIA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOMES ARE "ENERGY STAR" RATED BY PROGRESS ENERGY. THIS RATING MEANS ALL NEW HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOMES ARE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT, REDUCE ENERGY BILLS, PROVIDE FOR GREATER COMFORT AND ARE BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. ADDITIONALLY THE EXTERIOR OF ALL WEST VOLUSIA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOUSES ARE CONSTRUCTED WITH NAHB CERTIFIED "GREEN APPROVED" BUILDING PRODUCTS.
- We regret that the newsletter tab below is not working.
- Our Mission:
West Volusia Newsletter
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read this newsletter. Please click on the button below to download.